Sunday 21 June 2015

MAYBELLINE LIP POLISH BY COLOR SENSATIONAL IN "GLAM 6"

Hello my loves! How are y’all? Well, today, I’ll be reviewing on a lip product from Maybelline. You know what, I just realized that I’ve been only posting about drugstore products! Hahaha! Hope my next review will be on a high-end product! :P Without further delay, let’s get into the review!

Product: Maybelline Lip Polish by Color Sensational in “Glam 6”

Price: Around RM36 (GST included) 

Quantity: 5.0 ml or 0.17 fl.oz. 

Shelf life: 3 years

Available at: Drugstores (Watson & Guardian)





Appearance: I really like the packaging, it’s unique! It looks like a lipstick (with bullet) but when you twist the cap, there you go… A lip polish with a flexible leaf-shaped applicator. Look at the color of this lip polish, beau-ti-ful! Dark skin beauties, this shade will look amazing on you.  


What it says?
Formulated with trio concentrates of potent color extract, concentrated balm, and glossy shine serum.

Why you’ll Love It:

- Triples up to give color, shiny gloss and moisture rich balm
- Glides smoothly to add a brilliant touch to your lips
- Multiple captivating shades


Directions: Apply Maybelline Lip Polish with its unique leaf shaped brush, starting from the center of your upper lip. Work your way from the center to the outer edges of your lips, while following the contours of your mouth. Then, glide across the entire bottom.


Hand swatch (without flash)

Hand swatch (flash)

My Experience: This lip polish does what it says! End of story! Its pigmented and glides on my lips like butter. Very smooth and buttery formula, it also moisturizes the lips.
I personally love matte lip products, and always stay away from glossy lippies. But this one, is definitely one of my favorite! Even though it’s super shiny and glossy, with just blotting my lips with a tissue paper, my problem is solved! It won’t look completely matte but still pretty with a lil bit of glossy finish.

Yes, it does transfers to cup when drinking but trust me, the longevity is toooo good for a drugstore product! It last for more than 5 hours, of course without eating or drinking. What I love about this shade is, since it’s a dark shade, even after a long day, the color still shows off. It basically, stains the lip. I’m not sure about other shade though.

Just to test it, after applying 2 coats of this lip polish, I wipe it off with tissue and then followed by makeup remover. The stain is still there! I washed it with water, the stain is still there!! *heart-eyes emoji* Isn’t it great?! 



Pros:

~ Smooth & buttery formula
~ Not sticky or tacky
~ Doesn’t feel heavy on lips
~ Keeps the lips moisturized for a long time
~ Stays for more than 5 hours
~ Very pigmented
~ Doesn’t settle into fine line of the lips


Cons:

~ Super glossy



Will I repurchase? Hmm.. May be not. Having 1 in these collection is enough for me.. J


Rate: 4/5

Thank you so much for your time!

Please do comment your thoughts & share it with me what’s your favorite lip product at the moment!  xoxo

Loads of love,

RhemaGlitz













No comments:

Post a Comment