Tuesday 7 April 2015

REVIEW: e.l.f MINERAL INFUSED FACE PRIMER (clear)


Today I’m going to review on a face primer that I have been using for about 5 months. Now, many of us think that we don’t need a face primer in our foundation routine, but gurrllll, it’s so important that you’ll never skip this step again!

Primer is used as a layer between your skin and foundation which provides the base necessary to create the appearance of perfect skin at any age. You will see massive changes as it will seal your pores, and helps to achieve a flawless face. It also gives such an alluring appearance, as it’s hard to go without using one after you get used to it. Yup, it’s true!


Too much of explanation huh? Lol! So, let’s move on to learn more about this product.


Brand & Product: ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer

Quantity: 0.49 oz (14 gm)

Price: Around RM35 (I got mine for USD 6)

Available atiHerb or Beauty Essense








Appearance: Decent packaging. It comes in a sleek matte bottle with a pump on top. The primer that I got, is clear and has a gel like formula with velvety texture. And the smell, hmmm... (I’m bad in describing it) it has a mild chemical smell but bearable still. They have it in 3 other types, which is Tone Adjusting Green, Brightening Lavender and Radiant Glow.





The pictures above, shows you the amount of primers comes out for a single pump, swatches of it and how it looks like after nicely blended.

What it says: Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.


Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, DimethiconeDimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Tin Oxide (CI 77861)


Directions: Apply to clear skin prior to makeup application. Use a small amount and blend evenly all over the face for a smooth and flawless base. For best results, you may need to pump the component several times before product dispenses.


My Experience: This primer does its job more than it should for its price. Really. I will use a pea-sized amount of the primer for my whole face, and it instantly blurs a little bit of my large pores around my nose. It also gives a smooth feel to my skin which makes my foundation glide on the skin amazingly without leaving streaks or turning it cakey.

The foundation that I use, stays on my face for about 6 to 7 hours but if I use this primer, it adds on to its staying power for at least 2 hours. And, it doesn't cause break out on my skin! Well, if you guys do not know, my skin is extremely sensitive. So, this is definitely a plus!!

Pros:
  • Light weight
  • High-end packaging
  • Provides smoother application for foundation
  • Instantly blurs the appearance of large pores
  • Adds staying power of the foundation
  • Doesn’t cause breakouts
  • Non sticky formula
  • Affordable price
  •  

Cons: 
  • Not a pleasant smell
  • Doesn’t fill my pores completely 

Will I repurchase? : Yes! But, since I have tried this primer, I might want to try out other primer available in market.

Rate: 3.9/5


Thank you for reading!

Have you tried this primer? Comment below and let me know your thoughts.. :) 



Loads of love,

RhemaGlitz 




9 comments:

  1. It sounds nice & its so wallet friendly! Nice review !
    http://crazybeautyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Lana! Thank u! I'll definitely check out your blog as well!! ❤

      Delete
  2. wow this is a nice product at a great price too! www.cindysplanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? The price is so reasonable, & worth a try! Thanks for your comment.. I'll check out your blog Cindy! ❤

      Delete
  3. Nice review, the product sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Reviewed! This sounds interesting and works efficiently.
    http://trystwithvanillagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Radha! I'll check out your blog, thanks for the link! ❤

      Delete